Whenever we are only partially aware of what is at play in working relationships and in conversations with our colleagues, we have relatively few means to guide the relationship and conversations towards a mutually beneficial outcome. In this training you will gain an insight into what is happening in these interactions, both regarding yourself and your conversation partners.
At the end of this two-day program participants will:
- Be able to ‘listen’ with more differentiation to what is happening internally and use this as guiding information.
- Have the skills to bring out the needs and feelings of their conversation partners with respect to their interaction
- Have significantly expanded their repertoire of empathic understanding and behavior
- Be able to translate the above insights into interventions that lead to decisions and outcomes which are satisfactory to both themselves and their conversation partners
· distinguish the personality type of others
· prepare themselves for concrete situations
By the end of the training, the participant will be more effective in communicating with people he/she works with. Based on the situation in which he/she finds him/herself or based on the personality type of the person he/she communicates with, he/she will assess and apply the most effective communication style.
In this way the participant achieves his/her goal and he/she as well as the other will experience a better mutual understanding and collaboration.
To sufficiently expand and deepen the skills for Connective Communication, three aspects will be covered simultaneously:
- Attitude: being genuinely interested in and fascinated by the exploration of your thoughts and feelings and those of others
- Skill: being able to convert interest into focused questioning and observation of others and in observing one’s own emotions as a gateway to the emotions of others
- Habits: knowing how to change your own habitual behavior and effectively doing so
To progress in these three aspects, different learning tools are utilized:
- Exercises for basic awareness and skills
- Awareness of differences within the group of participants and exploring how these differences can be fully appreciated
- Exercising the art of seeing the world through different eyes using everyday examples from the participants.
This training is of great importance to anyone who can only achieve his or her goals through cooperation with others.
Please contact us for pricing of an in-company program.